Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Gifts for kitty

With Christmas coming on, I've been thinking about what to get Socks (and/or myself) as a little holiday gift. I spent some time looking at PetSmart's website, but I'm not so sure about some of these things.

Race 'N Chase!
This looks like fun, but sounds like a torture device from kitty hell: Try as she might, your cat will never quite get the mouse that skips and spins out reach just as she thinks she's got it.

Cat Sitter DVD

Hmmm.... I wonder if I could make my own version of KittyTV with my hi-def video camera? I wonder if my cat would leave big splotches of kitty spit and claw marks on the screen?

Squirrel Catnip Toy by Cats With An Attitude

I guess this would be okay if you want your cat to chase after a faceless squirrel with no eyes, no nose and no mouth.

Come to think of it, won't Michael Jackson wind up like this if he has just one more plastic surgery?

PetSafe Cat Veranda

Nothing says love like ENCLOSING YOUR LOVED ONE IN A MESHED CAGE FROM WHICH THEY CAN NEVER ESCAPE!!!

Pawprints Memory Box

I'm not much of a sentimentalist, but I might be inclined to get something like this. I do wonder, however, if one can actually get the cat to stay still long enough to put his paw in a pool of wet goo.


Mini Safari Toy Mice for Cats


When your cat has a little too much catnip, he might have reason to be saying, "Ooo... Look at all the pretty colors..."

Or maybe these are a failed attempt to license kitty toys by the band Phish.

Whisker City® Cat Carrier

I don't care how much you try to disguise it, a carrier stills says "trip to the vet" for most cats.

Whirly Mouse Scratchy Pad Cat Toy

Is it just me, or does this look like a preschooler's toy from Hasbro?

Panic Mouse 360

This toy has a timer that will turn off the unit "from 15 minutes to 2 hours" - if your cat plays with this for two hours running, he's not just amused, he's obsessive-compulsive.

No comments: