Friday, April 4, 2008

On patrol

I was sitting on my couch this morning, checking my email and trying to wake up enough to trudge to the shower so I could eventually trudge into work. Socks was doing his normal morning "thing", exploring around the furniture and electronics in the living room on his "morning patrol".

As usual, he stuck his head between my vertical blinds, looking out on the patio. I didn't really think anything of it until .... BANG! CRUNCH! BANG! CRUNCH!

Socks had become excited about something and bunched up the blinds, trying to climb up the glass patio door. His fur on his tail has expanded to about three times its normal size.

"Hmm," I thought, "I wonder what he's into."

I walked over the door and didn't see anything at first. It was still dark and dreary, the rain coming down. I wondered if he was seeing some kind of dripping water on the patio - he gets so excited when he sees water.

But, no, it was a stray cat on the patio, just walking by.

The cat walked around the corner and Socks immediately went on patrol to the bedroom to keep tabs on this suspicious character roaming around our neighborhood.

He seemed quite satisfied with himself all morning, this little keeper of law and order in my apartment.

No comments: